1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond breeze)
4-6oz vanilla Greek yogurt (1 individual-sized container)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 frozen banana (or a whole banana if you like your smoothies sweeter)
1/4 cup raw, uncooked oats
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup ice cubes
Add ingredients to blender in the order listed above then blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
Take a look at Iowa Girl Eats for more!
Yield: 2 8-ounce servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
For Almond Pralines:
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups coarsely chopped almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) almond paste or high-quality marzipan
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 ounces praline candies
- Whipped cream and coarsely chopped almonds, for garnish
- To make pralines, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, sugar, brown sugar, and half-and-half and stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Add almonds. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 238ºF. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, then drop by heaping teaspoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pralines should settle into smooth mounds; if the syrup is too thin, stir a little longer. Let cool until set. Extra pralines will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To prepare milkshakes, scoop ice cream into the canister of a blender. Add almond paste, pralines, and milk. Blend on medium-low speed until smooth. Add more milk as needed to acheive desired consistency. Divide among chilled glasses. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped almonds, as desired.
See more on: love & olive oil
- 1 frozen ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, optional
Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender to break down the orange.
On high, blend the frozen banana chunks, vanilla, and orange juice together until thick, creamy, and smooth – about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add the yogurt, orange, and orange zest (if using). Blend until combined.
Get more recipes: Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 4 bottles Dry Rosé Wine, Chilled
- 8 whole Peaches, Pitted And Diced
- 2 cups Raspberries
- 1 cup Strawberries, Hulled And Quartered
- 1 bottle Sparkling Wine, Chilled
- Fresh Mint, For Garnish (optional)
Combine the Rosé wine, peaches, raspberries, and strawberries in a large container or pitcher. Cover and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
Just before serving, pour in chilled sparkling wine and stir.
Serve in glasses with some of the fruit and garnish with fresh mint.
For more: The Pioneer Woman
- To a large bowl or large glass, add the sweet-and-sour, vodka, Malibu, and stir to combine.
- Drizzle in the grenadine and leave unstirred for a gradient effect, or stir in for a pinky-peach uniform color.
- Optionally, garnish the punchbowl or each glass with raspberries.
- Add ice to glasses and serve; or go ice-less and serve in chilled martini glasses. Recipe is intended for those for whom alcohol use is legal and appropriate. Always drink responsibly.
See more: Averie Cooks